Wednesday, June 24, 2015

It's time for the Lily Festival again!!

It is the time of year again for the Campbell Pottery Lily festival art show! I was so busy getting gourds made for the show in Texas,  I wasn't sure if I would be able to get something done for the Lily festival this year! But I managed to get one gourd done , and it was accepted!!
I call this one " Ode to Lily of the Valley". I also had a wonderful surprise , because someone actually bought it before I sent it to the show! That is the first time that has happened! Thank You, Bob and Sheila!!! The Lily festival runs from July 3rd to August 2nd at the Campbell Pottery Store! The artist reception is on July 18th! Stop on by and say Hi!
My next art project is trying to get something made for the Trumbull art Gallery regional show. I will let you know how that turns out!
We had a wonderful visit from our daughter this past week for a few days and she helped me a lot with mulching flower beds which was greatly appreciated!! We did take time between all  the rain to get a short kayak trip in on Lake Wilhelm!
As you can see, the water was like glass!! A storm was brewing so we did cut our adventure short!
We have really been having a lot of rain!! Hard to find a dry time to mow the grass!
My garden is growing quite well and so are the weeds!! :) 
The hummingbirds have been busy at the feeders and last night I counted 6 at one feeder!!
Seems like all I do is fill various bird feeders! but I really enjoy watching all the visitors!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment