Thursday, May 28, 2015

Kerr Arts and Cultural Center Gourd show results!


Hearts Desire
My gourd "Hearts Desire" won the best newcomer award at the KACC Southwest gourd fine art show in Kerrville Texas!! I was very excited to receive this award as it was an honor just to be included in this show! Some of the top gourd artists from the country take part in this show! Another of my gourds, "Imperiled Prince of the North" got 3rd place in the mixed media category!

Imperiled Prince of the North
 
I hope I can actually make it to the show someday! My thoughts are with all those from the area since they are having such awful weather there! Hopefully that weather pattern will change soon!
 
In other news all my favorite birds have returned for the summer! Orioles, wrens, hummers, and even some barn swallows have taken up residence in the barn!! It is such a busy time of year, trying to get the garden in, keep up with the grass ,and get some mulch down around the flowers! I am also working on an entry for the Campbell Pottery Lily festival! We did make a trip to Virginia for my nieces college graduation and have gotten in a few more kayak trips. Also our dear friend and my helper at most of the art shows had emergency surgery and is in the hospital! Thankfully she is doing great and almost good as new!!



No comments:

Post a Comment