Friday, February 15, 2013

Duck gourd and other news

Here is the latest gourd I finished. It is a vase with cattails carved and painted on the side and a mallard duck painted on the front.I filled it with dried flowers from my garden and a couple of feathers.
I also tried something new. I did an acrylic painting on a piece of birch bark , mounted on black mat board. It is in a 5 x 7 frame. I think I will try more of these since I liked the way it turned out.
Here is an interior view of my art studio before we insulated it and got the drywall up. Billy , my husband , has been working evenings getting the drywall finished and it is almost ready to paint. We did take time out for a beautiful valentines day dinner though.
On the fracking front, I am very upset as of late because I can't drive the short distance into our one stop light town now without seeing at least one brine waste truck and usually 3 or 4!!! I am not sure if they are hauling it from wells near here to Ohio for dumping or bringing it here to dump in Franklin at the brine dump there. In either case it is an awful large amount of POISON that is being dumped probably in one of our rivers!!! Right now there is a case in Youngstown Ohio of the owner of D and L energy that has been telling his workers to dump the frack fluid into storm drains where it has been flowing into the Mahoning river!!!!  An anonymous tip alerted officials and he got caught but not before it has been going on for months!!!! The Epa is now trying to clean up the mess and he has been charged in federal court! Sickening!!!!!!! How many people that get water from that river have been drinking poison all these months not to mention the damage to wildlife! I was glad to hear that New York has postponed deciding on fracking there until a health study is done!!! YAY!!!
Here is a picture of just a couple of the beautiful cardinals that have been at the feeders in my yard!!Aren't they Lovely!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment