Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Uncertain Times!

A lot has happened since my last post! I have participated in several art shows and still been very busy creating new work! I have also been making pieces for art shows that have now been postponed or have uncertain futures due to the corona virus! I hope you and yours stay safe in this horrible outbreak! I am thankful that I have a home studio to work in and create because I can totally get lost in what I am doing and lose track of all the craziness going on! Once again we are endangering ourselves partly because we will not take better care of the earth and her environment! I am not happy with our leader who started out calling this outbreak a hoax and minimizing its potential for death, sickness, and disruption!! Once again he has proven his ignorance! I could go on about this for a long time but I won't for now!
        Here are some of the artworks I have been working on! Hope they might brighten your day!
 This is "A voice for the voiceless no matter the cost" and is made from gourds and epoxy clay on a board. I spent over 100 hours on this and was at first trying to make a tribute to all the wildlife rehabbers and protectors. Then I was so upset to find that 2 men involved in protecting monarchs in Mexico were murdered and this became more about the wildlife warriors that have given their lives!
This piece is "Cosmic Tiger Moon" made from a gourd and epoxy clay! After these two projects my joints were worn out from sculpting so I took some time to paint instead!


 These are done with charcoal and acrylic ink on wood panels.
So stay well everyone and let's get through this with compassion and kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment