Friday, April 8, 2016

Exciting News!!

I am so excited to announce that my gourd " Culture Clash" has been accepted into the Erie Art Museum's Spring Show!!
I feel like this is not only a wonderful accomplishment for me, but also for gourd art in general in this area. Although gourds are quite popular out west, they seem to be viewed as a less valued form of art in this area. So much time and work goes into each one, and so many varied art mediums and skills can be used on them, I am completely in love with them!! The show runs from April 17th to July 17th.
I also have work at Campbell Pottery for their Nature Art Show! It starts today and goes until May 8th.
I am also working on gourds for the Kerr Arts and Cultural Centers Fine Art Gourd show in Texas.
This is one of the most wonderful gourd shows in the country. My gourd, Heart's Desire won best newcomer last year!




No comments:

Post a Comment