Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Paper art show at Campbell Pottery

 Chief Paper feather
" A tear for my Brethren"
As promised, here are my two entries into Campbell Pottery's Paper Art Show 2!  The first one is a gourd mask. Usually I make these  with real feathers, beads etc. but in keeping with the theme, I made all the decorations out of paper. The elephant is made on several sheets of watercolor paper that is carved and woodburned! A small sea glass teardrop is added . It has been varnished so it can be displayed free of glass ,so the texture is easier to see.
I have been busy working on gourds for the gourd show in Texas, and I am making slow progress. Still busy with the horse gourd but on the final stages now.
Here is my little studio buried behind one of the huge snowpiles we accumulated this winter! I am happy to say our weather seems to have moderated a bit and the piles are starting to melt! Happy to see them go!! I even saw a robin and a red winged blackbird yesterday!!! Can Spring be far off???


No comments:

Post a Comment