Thursday, May 9, 2013

Studio progress and Spring at last!!

Here is the latest progress on my art studio! The outside lights are up now and the final grading is done and the grass seed is planted! I have been staining the oak boards for the floor and my husband finished the first coat of varnish on them last night! hopefully they will be put down on Saturday! So we are getting real close to having it finished!!

Here is a new gourd birdhouse I finished with a scarlet tanager and strawberries on it!

Spring is finally here and it seems to be one of the most beautiful in recent memory! I swear every tree and flowering bush is loaded with flowers! I have had lots of gorgeous birds visiting my yard and feeders, like this indigo bunting!
Here is a rose breasted grosbeak at a gourd feeder! It is in my plum tree that is loaded with blossoms!
I have also had the most funny thing happening on a daily basis!! This woodpecker has been visiting my hummingbird feeder and seems to have figured out how to drink out of it with his tongue! I have never heard of this happening before! Have any of you had this happen??
This is a watercolor of a little girl we saw on vacation in Panama. I am still tweaking it a bit, but she was a real cutie! Hope everyone has a wonderful spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment