Monday, October 3, 2011

Ostrich Play

This is the newest mixed media piece I have done. It is watercolor, colored pencil, and ink. I thought the crazy  attitude of the ostrich I took the reference photo of, deserved a bit of a crazy painting! At one point he or she, not sure, tried to eat my camera! I wanted to thank those who visited me at the craft show in Meadville over the weekend. Hope the pieces going to new homes bring joy to those who bought them! It was a nasty few days, weather wise, so it was nice to be in a warm dry building! i must say I was impressed by the 89 year old lady next to me selling her prints of paintings she had done in past years. She can no longer paint due to macular degeneration but still was out there marketing the ones she had done before! You go girl! Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment